Act 1: Beginning the Quest
- Battle of Trenton and return to camp.
- Encounters between Carleton and Elizabeth, Andrews and Blue Sky
1. Battle of Princeton
- Elizabeth returns to New York.
- Washington and army block British at Princeton, then withdraw to Morristown.
- Elizabeth and Tess renew relationship with Howe and his officers.
- Pieter returns to NY to court Elizabeth.
- Reconstituting the army and planning campaign 1777.
- Carleton rebuilds his Rangers from renegades.
- Red Fox and/or Spotted Pony return to the Shawnee to seek reinforcements.
- Carleton decides to refit several of his merchantmen in France as warships to engage in the naval war.
- Complications with Pieter and Howe.
- Elizabeth carries intelligence to Congress, meeting with John Adams and others.
- Progress of negotiations with France and Spain.
- Pieter learns the truth.
- Red Fox and/or Spotted Pony return to Morristown with a mixed party from the tribes.
- Battles of Bennington, Brandywine, Germantown.
- Elizabeth’s covert activities increasingly put her in danger.
- Elizabeth learns her parents and Abby are returning to Boston.
- Carleton and his Rangers join General Gates at Saratoga.
- Americans defeat Burgoyne, ending the British quest to split the colonies along the Hudson.
- Tess leaves for Boston to prepare for the Howards’ return.
- Howe prepares to move against Philadelphia.
- Andrews and Blue Sky face a painful decision
- Carleton and Elizabeth take leave of each other and Elizabeth returns to NY.
- Setup for vol. 5.
Right now I’m focusing on getting all my notes and existing scenes in correct chronological order. Things are kinda scattered, and it’ll be a lot easier to move forward after I sort everything out. Once that’s done, I’ll start fleshing out the sections of notes into full-fledged scenes and create transitions. I can’t wait until I have the rough draft finished! This process is like trying to extract your brain through a pinhole in your forehead with tweezers! For me the real fun begins when I have something I can edit. But it’s going to be a while yet before I get to that point, so I’d better get to it!