Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Additions and Improvements

I’ve been playing around with some ideas for improving this blog, including the general look and also adding content to the pages. Changing the look has been more frustrating than anything else. I like the colors and the header image, but I like to change out the image from time to time to freshen things up. Changing out the colors is a tedious process and blogger doesn’t provide many options, so I’m trying to avoid fiddling with that. So the problem is finding an image that not only can be cropped to the right size and shape, but is also compatible with the color scheme. I’m still working on that.

In the meantime, I’ve started adding interesting cultural tidbits on the 18th Century Culture, and I’ve replaced Quotes with Excerpt. Currently on the 18th Century Culture page I have a snippet from A Father’s Legacy to His Daughters, a very popular 18th Century book of manners. As I have time, I’ll add more interesting bits and pieces to the page from my extensive store of research.

I’ve also added a few historical sites to the Places page. I’ll continue to expand that with new sites and direct links to the Web pages. At least I’ve made a start.

You’ll find an excerpt from Chapter 1 of Crucible of War on the excerpts page. Because of potential plagiarism issues, I probably won’t add new material to it, but I’d love to have some feedback on this one as Chapter 1 is still in somewhat of a state of flux. So let me know if you like it or hate it or have suggestions to offer. I’d love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment